Scientific Committee welcomes all delegates to submit their abstracts of original work for oral, video and poster presentation at the 3rd International Congress of The Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Indo Surgeons and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh to be held at Surgeons Quarters RCS, Edinburgh, UK. The deadline for abstract submission is 10th February 2020.
The theme of the conference is “Frontiers of Excellence in MAS” and we would be delighted if you can contribute something on the future of endo-surgery and safety of emerging technologies.
Please follow the below instructions before submitting the abstracts for INDO UK SURGICON 2020 @UK:
Proposed Categories of Abstracts:
- Foregut Surgery
- Hepato-Biliary and Pancreas
- Solid Organs- Liver, Spleen & Adrenals
- Hernias – Groin/Abdominal wall Hernias
- GI Endoscopy
- Robotic Surgery
- Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
All abstracts must be emailed in the format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts submission will be in the form of:
- ORAL PRESENTATION (10 min)
- VIDEO PRESENTATION (8 min)
- E- POSTER PRESENTATION
Submitting an abstract DOES NOT register you for INDO UK SURGICON 2020 Edinburgh unless the payment formalities are completed.
Registration is mandatory to present your abstract in the conference.
The abstracts must contain original content.
The abstract text to be limited to 250 words and is to be structured with the following heading
- Aims & Objectives
- Material & Methods
- Results & Conclusions
- A single image or table can be attached if necessary
- Keywords upto 5
- Once the abstract is submitted, NO REVISIONS/ EDITING will be allowed.
- The author may choose between the option of Poster, video or Oral presentation. However, the scientific committee reserve the right to accept/ reject / assign a different presentation type to all the abstracts submitted.
- The abstracts sent in the mail will not be accepted for review.
- All video presentations need to be submitted as a link for the edited video either in YouTube/Dropbox/Google drive.
- Delegates submitting the abstract need to register before 31st January 2020 to be able to present their work in the conference.
- All abstracts for Poster presentations will be accepted only in MS Word format.
- Please do not include tables, graphs and images in the abstract.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
Copyrights & legal obligation
- All information in the abstract submission, including authors’ names, affiliations, authors order of listing, and the content of abstract, will be used in the Congress publications and in the conference website.
It is recommended that the contributor checks every column carefully before submitting the abstract.
- The contributor carries legal obligations of the abstract; any violation to a third party’s right will be the responsibility of the contributor him/herself.
For Video Presentations:
- Videos should be in HD Quality.
- Time limit would be 8 minutes (Maximum).
- Maximum 3 introductory slides & 1 concluding will be accepted within the time frame.
- Deserving abstracts will be given priority to be published in the Journal of Minimal Access Surgery (JMAS) depending on the content, quality and approval of the reviewing committee.
- INDO UK SURGICON 2020 has the copyright to use the abstract in the Congress and on it's website for scientific purposes without any prior notice to the contributor/authors.
Any further queries regarding to submission, please feel free to contact
- Last Date of Submission: 15th March 2020
- Accepted Abstracts Announced: 31st March 2020
Dr Pawanindra Lal